Hello Divinity Month! The most favourite month of mine. Obviously the interactive excitement and spirituality associated with the festivals visiting this month makes the festival more delightful.
- The birth celebration of Lord Krishna, Krishna Janamastami (falling on 2nd September 2018), is one of the most unique celebration in India. People decorate their house, set up cradle for lord Krishna’s idol/ statue at home and temple, do organise midnight Kirtans and celebrate this midnight event with full enthusiasm.
- Goga Navmi is celebrated to worship Lord Gogaji (one of the Snake king). Its will be celebrated on 4th September 2018. This festival is celebrated specially in northern India and for saving followers from snake and other evils.
- Teacher’s Day on 5th September 2018. On the memory of Dr. Radhakrishan, this day is dedicated to all teachers and Guru.
- Hartalika Teej is celebrated mainly by women and girls of Rajasthan. They observe fast and complete their fast after seeing Moon. It isfalling on 12th September 2018.
- Islamic New Year is starting on12th September 2018
- “Bappa Moriya” tune will be on air from 13th September 2018, Ganesh Chaturthi, for next 10 days.
- Rishi Panchamiwill be celebrating on 14thSeptember 2018 where women will observed fast and will dedicate their day in prayer.
- Radha Ashtami, The birth day of Goddess Radha will be on 7th September 2018.
- Muharram will be starting from 21st September 2018.
- Ganesh Visarjan will be on 23rd September 2018
Wow these festivals and holidays will surely make this month full of excitement and celebrations. Adding to these festivals, this month of 2018 owns 5 Saturdays and 5 Sundays. And if you still want it to be more special and full of adventure and unique then do plan for these event to explore during this festival-
- Date 2nd September 2018 – Krishna Janamotsav, Vrindavan & Mathura. The whole city, where Krishna born and spent his teenage period, are decorated with flowers, rangolis and cradles at home, Plays and Rasleelas are organised on Krishna’s life. All these events starts 10 days before Janamastami.
- Date 2nd September 2018 – Sankalp Pratishthan Dahi Handi,Worli, Mumbai. This is the tallest Dahi Handi competition organised at Worli in Mumbai. Big celebrities do attend this event in Mumbai.
- Date 2nd September 2018 – Hutatma Babu Genu Dahi Handi, Pune. This is the most special and biggest Dahi Handi event organised at Sukrawar Peth, city area in Pune.
- Date 13th to 23rd September 2018 – Lal Bagh Raja, Mumbai. The Biggest Idol of Lord Ganapati during Ganesh Festival is setup at LalBagh area of Mumbai, Real Gold and Diamonds are the elements of Idol’s Outfit. Several thousand people visit to visit this Idol during 10 days fest of Ganesh Chaturthi.