Hello joyful Month! Your presence senses the victory of good over evil. The presence of divine eternity is carried away in the wind of this season. Let’s see which festival spreads divinity around us
- The birthday of Bapu of Nation, GandhiJayanti, is celebrated on 02nd October 2018.
- On 10th October 2018, Navratri will start and the next nine day will be dedicated to Goddess Durga. While Durga Ashtami will be celebrated on 17th October 2018.
- Dussherra, will be celebrated on 18th November 2018 this year. The day when Lord Rama killed the wicked King Ravana. Many Statues of Ravana is made in different parts of country and a virtual drama of Rama killing Ravana is done by burning statue of Ravana.
- Sharad Purnima, 24th October 2018, the day when Lord Krishna played RaasLeela with Gopis (Milkmaid of vrindavan) & Goddess Radha.
- KarwaChauth, day dedicated to married couples, where wife observe full day dry fast for their husband’s life, health and prosperity. It will fall on 27th October 2018.
Apart from these above festivals and holidays, October 2018 owns 4 Saturdays and 4 Sundays. And to explore some occasions in a grand way do visit these places-
- Date 10th October to 18th October – Navratri &Dussherra, Kolkata, West Bengal. It is the must attend festival to visit Kolkata. The Navratri and Dussherra of Kolkata is organised in a big way.
- Date 18thOctober 2018 – Vijay Dashmi, Mysore. This day is celebrated in a huge way in Mysore. The city place of Mysore is decorated with lights and flowers. Big Event is organised, gathering thousands of people and Musical fountain show in the palace Garden.