Hello Colour Month!
Oh! You are one of my favourite. I always wait for your presence and this year you making it more special by inaugurating yourself with the colourful festival. Let’s see what else you have in your festive store.
- Launching this month with Holika Dehan on 1st March 2018. It’s Festival of burning Holika (virtually through bonfire) as a symbol of victory of good over bad, a night prior to Holi.
- And the most happening festival, Holi, with colours and lots of fun is visiting us on 2nd march 2018. The festival to convey happiness and success by applying colours on others. So Plan up your strategy to colour your loved ones in advance.
- With the spark of colours and fun, Marathas will be welcoming their New Year (GudiPadwa) on 18thMarch 2018. Whole Maharashtra will be seen in the ambiance of celebration and colours.
- To give tribute to our great freedom fighters Bhagat Singh, Shivaram Hari Rajaguru&SukhdevThappar who died on 23rd March, we remember this day of every year as Saheed Diwas.
- Birth Anniversary of God (Ram Navami) who represented himself as “Maryada Purshottam” among humans, Lord Rama, is scheduled on 25th March 2018 this year.
- Lord Mahaveer’s , who evolved a new culture of Jainism, birth anniversary (Mahaveer Jayanti) is scheduled on 29th March 2018 this year.
- Thank god it’s a Good Friday on 30thMarch 2018.
- Also, its Hazrat Ali’s Birthdayon 30th March 2018(cousin of Islamic prophet Muhummad and the first follower to accept Muslim religion and the only person who was born in Kabba sanctuary in Mecca)
- 31stMarch 2018, the birth anniversary of Lord Hanuman. Hanuman Jayanti is celebrated in a big events in Hanuman temples by organising Sundarkand Prayer or Hawans.
Apart from these above festivals and holidays, this colourful March month of 2018 owns 5 Saturdays and 4 Sundays. And to add up something really excitement to you holiday plan, this month do have these below mentioned amazing events scheduled –
- Date 1st to 7th March 2018 – International Yoga Festival,ParmathNiketan Ashram RishikeshUttarakhand. Hey! are you a yoga lover? Then do pick up your date to explore one of the biggest gathering of people interested in yoga in the world.
- Date 1stto 8th March 2018, Lathamaar Holi, Barsane&NandgaonUttarpradesh. One of the famous Holi in the birth city of Lord Krishna & Goddess Radha where wife chase beat their husband with colors and Laths (thick wooden sticks).
- Date 3rd to 8th March 2018,PhoolonkiHoli(holi with folowers), VrindavanUttarpradesh. One of the most beautiful and decent way to play holi. Even the colour, if used, are made up of flowers.
- Date 18th March 2018 – GudiPadwaSobhaYatra, Mumbai. The Maharastrian New Year involves several parades happening across the city. The major and most popular parades happens at South Mumbai (Girgaum).
- Date 20th March 2018 – Gangaur Festival,Rajasthan. The beautiful celebration of girls and women observing fast and do prayerof Ishar&Gaura (Lord Shiva and goddess paravati) for 16-18 days since holi for husband and husband’s prosperity respectively. One of the biggest celebration can be seen in Udaipur where Mewar Festival is scheduled on 20th to 22nd March 2018.