Hello New Year Month!
Your arrival is the sign of a New Year. It is like a feeling of entering a new world with a hope of happiness, success, enjoyment and lots of excitement.Since enjoyment and excitement are mentioned, month January 2018 has hold a lot in its amusement Bag combined with a tint of elegant winter.
- Starting with New Year Day on 1st January 2018, some offices have holidays while some holds celebration cum work to welcome New Year.
- Next holiday holds up on Friday, 5th January 2018, celebration of birthday of 10th Guru of Sikhism – Guru Govind Singh Jayanti.
- On Friday, 12th January 2018, celebration of birth anniversary of a great philosopher and leader Swami Vivekananda.
- On Saturday, 13th January 2018, Lohri is celebrated particularly in Sikhism to rejoice and greet originating summer period of the year.
- On Sunday, 14th January 2018, (post Lohri) two major festivals are celebrated – Makar Sankrant and Pongal as a gesture of warm welcome to new solar season and harvesting Festival respectively. White Til is the main ingredient of celebrate these festivals – Lohri, Makar Sankrant and Pongal.
- A day is dedicated to Goddess Saraswati (Deity of Study) as Vasant Panchami. People honour this day by doing worship of their books, office documents and Writing Tools. This year it will be celebrating on 22nd January 2018
- 23rd January 2018 is remembered and commemorated as the birth anniversary of a Netaji Subhash Chandra Bose. Politically this day is remarked as an important day and Official government holiday is kept on this day.
- One of the annual Gazettedholiday is scheduled in this month which falls on 26th January 2018 – India’s 68th Republic Day.
Apart from these above festivals and holidays, this foremost month of 2018 owns 4 Saturdays and 4 Sundays. And in case if you are planning for a holiday, then you have got some really incredible traditionally events to explore which are scheduled in this month-
- Date 13th& 14th January 2018 – Bikaner Camel Fair, a cultural event organised by Rajasthan tourism at Bikaner, Rajasthan.
- Ongoing Event from December till February – Rann Utsav at Kutch, Gujarat
- Date 7th to 15th January 2018 – International Kite Festival, India’s biggest international kite Festival, organised by Gujarat Tourism on occasion of Makar Sankranti at Ahmedabad, Gujarat.