Hello Fest Month! The month when the series of important festivals of India starts is the August month. A variety of festivals makes this month more exciting and enjoyable. Clutch up your money and let prepare yourself for the following occasions
- 15th August 2018, the 71st IndependenceDay is what we are celebrating this year.
- Parsi’s New Year is on 17th August 2018. In Some state of India, it’s a mandatory government holiday.
- The festival of Fest and celebration in Islamic culture is coming on 22nd August 2018. Its Bakari Eid scheduled on this day.
- The biggest Cultural festival of Kerala, Onam, is visiting this year on 25th August 2018. It’s a big 10 days festival where people dressed up like tiger performs acts, different dances, games and cultural events are organised and grand fest are prepared.
- And the carnival of most loveable bond of brother and sister is celebrated as Rakshabandhan. This year we will be rejoicing this day on 26th August 2018.
Apart from these above festivals and holidays, August 2018 owns 4 Saturdays and 4 Sundays. For adventurous people like me, this month has got some really happening stuff to explore-
- Date 01st August 2018 – Jhapan Snake Mela,Vishnupur, West Bengal. One of the biggest snake Mela (exhibition) of India which is dedicated to Goddess Mansha.
- Date 11thAugust 2018 – Nehru Trophy Snake Boat Race, Kerala. In memory of our former Prime Minister Jawaharlal Nehru, one of the most enthusing boat race is organised in Kerala every year.
- Date 20th to 27thAugust 2018 – Madras Week,Madras.The foundation week of Madras. If you really want to explore the culture and colours of Madras, do visit Madras during its foundation week.